Thursday, February 4, 2010

D4 Professional Learning Community Sheets



Name: Charles Moe

Competency: D4

Artifact Title: Professional Learning Community Sheets

Artifact Type: Some form from Professional Learning Community Meetings that I attended.

Rationale for Inclusion: Competency D4 states that a teacher of vocal music shall understand the role and alignment of district, school, and department mission and goals in program planning. These forms are from professional learning community meetings I attended with the rest of the music department while I was student teaching at South Elementary in Princeton, MN. I was pleased to find that the music department was (and is) excellent at working together and coming up with academic goals that fit into the department as a whole, like the pieces of a puzzle. I can only hope that the department I work for is just as good at working together as a collective unit