Thursday, February 4, 2010

D3 Professional Learning Community Sheets





Name: Charles Moe

Competency: D3

Artifact Title: Professional Learning Community Sheets

Artifact Type: Some forms from Professional Learning Community Meetings that I attended.

Rationale for Inclusion: Competency D3 states that a teacher of vocal music shall develop curriculum goals and purposes based on the central concepts of vocal or instrumental music and know how to apply instructional strategies and materials for achieving student understanding of this discipline. These forms are from professional learning community meetings I attended with the rest of the music department while I was student teaching at South Elementary in Princeton, MN. I was pleased to find that the music department was (and is) excellent at working together and coming up with academic goals that fit into the department as a whole, like the pieces of a puzzle. I can only hope that the department I work for is just as good at working together as a collective unit.