Friday, February 5, 2010

B3 Conducting Transcript


Name: Charles Moe

Competency: B3

Artifact Title: Conducting Transcript

Artifact Type: Official college transcript highlighting Conducing classes

Rationale for Inclusion: Competency B3 requires that a teacher of vocal music must be able to interpret choral scores with an understanding of range, tessitura, phrasing, diction, and articulation. This is an image of an official college transcript from Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. It can be seen that I took two conducting classes during the 2006-2007 academic year. In fall of 2006 I took "Intro to Conducting" and during the spring of 2007 I took "Conducting: Choral." This was an advanced conducting course specializing in the field of choral music. Both classes were taught by Dr. Craig Arnold, director of choral activities, and thus had a heavy emphasis on choral music. This means that while I was enrolled in this class I read choral scores almost exclusively. Not only that but I had to conduct several scores in class all the while being conscious of elements such as range, tessitura, phrasing, diction, and articulation.