Thursday, February 11, 2010

A2 Vocal Production Unit







Name: Charles Moe

Competency: A2

Artifact Title: Vocal Production Unit

Artifact Type: A classroom unit on Vocal Production that I taught during my secondary level student teaching placement at Cambridge-Isanti High School in Cambridge, MN.

Rationale for Inclusion: This unit demonstrates a basic knowledge of vocal development and production. During the period of my student teaching at Cambridge-Isanti High School, I used a week to teach this unit to the Varsity Choir (this was the ensemble I worked with primarily). This unit gives an overview of the physical parts of the body that make up the human voice, how the whole body is connected as one coordinated system, and proper breathing. These techniques are extremely important to the practice of successful singing but are rarely touched upon so directly. This unit is definitely something I will use in my own classroom.